Encrypted Sky ECC

Ivan J. parazyd at dyne.org
Sat Mar 13 06:25:59 PST 2021

On Fri, Mar 12, 2021 at 06:52:17AM +0000, jim bell wrote:
> BleepingComputer: Europol 'unlocks' encrypted Sky ECC chat service to make arres
> ts.
> [1]https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/europol-unlocks-encrypted-sky-
> ecc-chat-service-to-make-arrests/

Funny, because I've met drug dealers who all had/have burner
Blackberries with Sky ECC, and they all their ops went through the
messaging app. From what I've seen (and remember) the app seems to have
had some kind of message selfdestruct, and an additional unlock decoy
password that is supposed to erase the local messages when input.