Chat History and Contact Mysteriously Erased In Telegram

Shawn K. Quinn skquinn at rushpost.com
Thu Jun 4 05:27:49 PDT 2020

On 6/4/20 07:14, Karl wrote:
> Just to clarify, I'm still using the Telegram account on other channels,
> and Cecilia had sent a message a few hours before the sudden disconnection.
>
> The UI-experience was of opening the messenger in the morning, seeing a
> new photo had been sent but had not downloaded yet, and then I don't
> remember if the application closed itself or I closed it to try to make
> the photo load, but Cecilia was no longer present in it when I reopened
> it.  I put her contact back in and never received a reply to a new message.
>
> My memory's not perfect: I thought Cecilia warned us on this list she
> might disappear for a few weeks due to hospital, but I don't seem to be
> able to actually find that anywhere.

Okay, that's a horse of an entirely different color. That could very
well be an actual Telegram bug. I lack the experience with Telegram to
be able to diagnose it further, though the fact that Telegram lets you
delete messages and have them disappear *from the history of the account
you sent them to* should be noted (and that this is actually intended as
a feature, though I consider it much closer to a bug).

--
http://www.rantroulette.com
http://www.skqrecordquest.com