A raging public debate - or not - was [zen at freedbms.net: Re: republican fools]

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Mon May 1 20:09:07 PDT 2017

The eternal vigilance we must display when we have relatively solid
foundations, as we do in Australia notwithstanding the mostly self
serving corrup politicians and other power brokers, is notable.

At least once a year, those behind the scenes to to fuck us over in
Australia, with deceptive and undermining "public discourse".

And roughly every 10 to 20 years, TPTB actually run a referendum to
try to turn Australia into a republic, on one or another "emotive,
politically correct, hot social topic of the day" such as:

 - "recognizing" Aboriginals in the constitution so the parliament
   can pass laws specifically about them (pro- or anti-) thus
   instituting a constitutionally racist regime

 - getting rid of "the Queen" or "the Crown" or "the Monarch" as head
   of state because "surely we got ta have an Australian as head of
   state" (the current topic du jour), which is hogwash, since the
   ultimate Australian head of state is only titular anyway (i.e.
   holding no significant power except some power to declare war,
   which has always been left to our parliament anyway)

 - turning us into a republic, because "republics are wonderful, just
   look at America"

In all cases, the public discourse as lead by TPTB is deceptive and
highly narrow - the LEGAL foundations within our current system/
federal Australian constitution, are always ignored (except that we
in the public open our eyes to the deception and have the
conversation we need to have), such as the following legal
foundations:

 - invocation of the Blessing of Almighty God
   (legally, a GREAT foundation to have in any constitution)

 - the Crown/ the parliament of the UK
   (legally good for us since it brings in Magna Charta, Bill of
   Rights (old English/imperial bill of rights - i.e. William and
   Mary Cess.) and other imperial legislation some of which is
   absolutely in our interests as individual humans within Australia.

Alas, the powers that be don't like the fact of the existence of the
Blessing of Almighty God at the foundation of our Australian federal
Constitution!

They also don't like the fact that our forefathers discussed in the
constitution debates, and specifically spoke "the supreme absolute
and uncontrollable authority remains with the people".

And so, as to be expected, The Powers That Be continue to try to
undermine these (by any modern standards) very good, foundations that
we have in Austalia.

Regards,
Zenaan

----- Forwarded message from Zenaan Harkness <zen at freedbms.net> -----